Most everyone will need to hire a lawyer at some point in their life. Thankfully, you can find a lawyer for just about anything. Many lawyers have a wide range of legal services, but most specialize in a certain field, such as personal injury lawyers or criminal defense lawyers. No matter what, hiring a lawyer is your best bet if you find yourself injured, in a real estate deal, in a dispute, or accused of a crime.
Here are the Top 5 reasons that people hire lawyers:
1. Personal Injury- personal injury lawyers work to recover losses for clients who have been injured due to another party’s negligence. Injuries that are incurred from a car accident are some of the most common personal injury cases and your chances of getting anything out of an insurance company are higher when you hire a car accident lawyer. Other injuries that people hire attorneys for include dog bites or slip-and-fall situations. People hire personal injury lawyers to file claims and to help them recover from loss, whether it be in the form of hospital bills, time off from work, etc.
2. Wrongful Death- Along with personal injury, people hire attorneys when a loved one has been killed due to another party’s negligence, such as medical malpractice or defective products. Family members will often hire a lawyer to seek compensation for their loss.
3. Real Estate- Whether your real estate deal involves a bank, other lender, or hard money, the state of Georgia requires attorneys to close all real estate transactions. In Georgia, it is customary for the buyer of real estate to select the closing attorney. If you buy a house, understand that the real estate lawyer will be involved in any negotiations and are responsible for explaining certain documents.
4. Civil litigation- People also hire lawyers to sue someone for a dispute, or if they have been sued by another person or business.
5. Criminal Defense- Someone who has been accused of a crime and/or arrested should hire a lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring a criminal defense attorney is the best thing you can do to defend and protect yourself in a criminal case.
As stated earlier, many lawyers can practice a wide range of legal areas but will specialize in one particular area. The lawyers in Atlanta and the lawyers in Elberton at Dyal Jenkins specialize in personal injury, but can also help with wrongful death, real estate closings, civil litigation, and criminal defense.
At Dyal Jenkins, we work hard to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients. We will be in your corner, fighting and advocating for you. We are dedicated to getting the results you want and to help you understand what actions we can take on your behalf. We will work with you every step of the way to make sure that you understand the realistic options available to you and the choices you are making so that you feel comfortable and empowered.
With offices in Atlanta & Northeast Georgia, our local-minded attorneys understand the federal and state laws as they pertain to the citizens of Atlanta and Georgia at large.
For a lawyer in Atlanta or a lawyer in Elberton, contact us today!
Make the first call the right call…Dyal Jenkins.